Author Topic: Splendide Washer/Dryer water usage  (Read 8069 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Splendide Washer/Dryer water usage
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:46:24 PM »
Yesterday, Becky washed and dried clothes in the Splendide 2100 that came with the coach. It was the first time we have used it. I checked the water levels in the fresh water tank (70 gallons) and the gray tank (0..empty) before she started to see if the 4 gallons of water per load was accurate.

The entire process took about 3 hours, (our dryer is vented). We followed the instructions to the letter...or at least think we did.

Here is the issue. When it was done, I checked the water levels, and holy moly!! The fresh water tank was down to 23 gallons, and the gray tank now had 49 gallons of water. I can't imagine the water pump running that much. Does anyone have an idea what happened? Perhaps a change in pressure that caused a siphon of some sort?

There was an instruction "when finished, turn off the water valves". We assumed it meant when completely finished because we have read on previous posts about the Splendide that you can go our for a walk or dinner while it runs. If there was something to turn off in the middle, that couldn't be possible.

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thank you.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Gerald Farris

Re: Splendide Washer/Dryer water usage
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:55:54 AM »
Stan,
Our Splendide 2000 uses about 20 gallons on the longest wash cycle. I can not find the water usage specifications on your 2100, but the Splendide website list the water usage for the 2100XC (the unit that replaced the 2100) at 7.5 to 16 gallons per hour depending on the wash cycle you selected.

Gerald

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
Becky ran a load yesterday while talking to support at Splendide. We discovered the intake hose in the stand pipe was too far down (they said it should be a max of 6 inches) and that likely contributed to most of the problem.

We are parked in the driveway now, with a full gray tank. We have to go dump and then check further.

Thank you for the help.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »
I guess what they are implying here is that if the end of the washers drain hose, that goes down the stand pipe, is close enough to the water level in the machine that siphoning could occur. That would also imply that a water level sensor would be involved that was not satisfied and it would add additional water and continue the siphoning. This is all plausible, but I would never have guessed this was going on.

Later Ed