Author Topic: Aladdin Reset Switch  (Read 7402 times)

Jame Sagerser

Aladdin Reset Switch
« on: June 26, 2015, 05:44:37 AM »
I have a question concerning the Aladdin System.  I must have shorted something out on the system because neither of my Joy Sticks have an input.  They are totally dead. The power button by the Joy Stick is on (red) but can't select anything on the menu.  Both Joy Sticks are inoperative. The screen seems to work well including switching to the rear camera view when I select reverse but can get the Joy Sticks to work.  After reading everything I could find including the owners manual, the Aladdin System Troubleshooting, the User's Guide, and other posts, I think i need to try to reset the system.  The problem is I can't find a reset switch.  Another post from Chuck Tyler (same coach as mine: 2003 Monterey) said his control box was behind a board in the right side of the upper cabinet above the pilot's head.  I removed the 4 screws and sure enough, there is the control box but could not find anything that looked like a reset switch.  Also, the manual eludes to fuses.  Are they in the control box or somewhere else?  Is there something else I should try to gain access to the Joy Sticks again?  Thanks in advance for the help.  Jim

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Aladdin Reset Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
Not sure why you can't find the switch, but apparently it should be there.  Ours is a later model, with the reset with other controls over the entry door.  The following is a thread here from 2011.
-Joel

Posted by: 517 (Guest), March 22, 2011, 10:14am
I have a 2003 Beaver Monterey with Cummins ICS350.  After installing all new batteries my Aladin System will only display the menu.  The joy stick will not activate any selection.  I removed the fuse but that didn't reset the system.  I can't find the control module.  Looked under dash, joy stick compartment next to seat, all compartments but no module.  It shows on my drawings but no location is listed. There must be some way to reset the system.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks, Steve Otterstedt georgetownsteve@msn.com
Posted by: Gerald Farris, March 22, 2011, 11:20am; Reply: 1
Steve,
I think that the reset for your Aladdin system is located in the cabinet above the driver's side Window.

Gerald
Posted by: 517 (Guest), March 22, 2011, 11:37am; Reply: 2
I looked there again but nothing in that compartment.  Do you think it might be hidden behind the forward inner panel in that compartment? 
Posted by: Gerald Farris, March 22, 2011, 12:00pm; Reply: 3
Steve,
I am not sure. We will have to wait for someone with your exact same coach to respond.

Gerald
Posted by: Jim Shaw, March 22, 2011, 12:28pm; Reply: 4
Steve, I had a problem with the one on my 2003 Monterey and after removing the forward panel in the compartment above and on the left of the drivers seat I found a switch just lying there. I turn the switch off and back on and all worked well. I have since mounted the switch in the panel so that I can access it any time. It has locked up a few times since and I just reset the switch to repair it. Hope this help and good luck.
Jim
Posted by: 517 (Guest), March 22, 2011, 1:12pm; Reply: 5
Thanks Jim, do you mean the compartment above the window or the panel just left of the drivers seat? Steve
Posted by: Jim Shaw, March 22, 2011, 2:36pm; Reply: 6
Steve, It is the panel in the cabinet over the drivers window. I believe it is just four screws to remove. I can't remember how the switch was marked, but it did not indicate it was for the Aladin. I mark it when I mounted it in the panel.
Jim
Posted by: 517 (Guest), March 23, 2011, 12:42am; Reply: 7
Hi Jim, Just got back to the coach and got your message.  That's were it was, right were you said.  I tried it and it did the job, thanks for your help.  I mounted it on the panel so now we are set if it happens again.  Thanks for all your help.  Steve O.
Posted by: Jim Shaw, March 23, 2011, 4:01pm; Reply: 8
Hi Steve, Glad you were able to find the switch and remount it, since I have found that, if I try to be to fast with the joy stick, it will lock up. Just turn the switch off and back on, and it resets.
Jim
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
I have a question concerning the Aladdin System.  I must have shorted something out on the system because neither of my Joy Sticks have an input.  They are totally dead. The power button by the Joy Stick is on (red) but can't select anything on the menu.  Both Joy Sticks are inoperative. The screen seems to work well including switching to the rear camera view when I select reverse but can get the Joy Sticks to work.  After reading everything I could find including the owners manual, the Aladdin System Troubleshooting, the User's Guide, and other posts, I think i need to try to reset the system.  The problem is I can't find a reset switch.  Another post from Chuck Tyler (same coach as mine: 2003 Monterey) said his control box was behind a board in the right side of the upper cabinet above the pilot's head.  I removed the 4 screws and sure enough, there is the control box but could not find anything that looked like a reset switch.  Also, the manual eludes to fuses.  Are they in the control box or somewhere else?  Is there something else I should try to gain access to the Joy Sticks again?  Thanks in advance for the help.  Jim

On mine the reset/on/off switch is in a cabinet all by itself above the driver's window as described above. 
On mine there are 2 fuses in the electrical box in the bay next to the transfer switch.  Both of these blew when I plugged into a faulty electrical box last year.  The box is very plain and just looks like a small version of the transfer switch.
Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Larry Williams

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »
I have a 2003 Monterey and in mine the prior owner mounted the switch on the panel just like was mentioned in Joel's quote. Rummage around in that space where that box is and you may find it lying there. If it switches to the backup camera, I doubt it is a fuse. Most likely it needs reset.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:56:36 PM by Larry Williams »

Jame Sagerser

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »
Success!.  I started digging further in the compartment above the pilot's head (4 screws removed right side board inside the right compartment) and underneath all the piles of wires, I found a loose switch, upside-down in the corner labeled "ceiling light".  I turned it off and the Aladdin shut off and then flicked back on and the Aladdin screen came back on with everything (including the Joy Sticks) working!  Am now mounting this switch on the removable side board for easier access and label it properly.  Thanks again everyone. Really appreciate it.  Jim