Author Topic: Battery Temperature Control Sensor for Xantrex  (Read 1596 times)

Dominic . Sue Ambrosino

• BAC Member
Battery Temperature Control Sensor for Xantrex
« on: September 12, 2020, 03:29:51 AM »
My battery Temperature Control Sensor needs to be replaced. I have a spare, but the wire is too short to fit from the battery to the inverter (Xantrex Trace SW2512). Would it be possible to either splice the existing wire to the new sensor wire or is there a connector that I can use to butt the two ends together (it looks like a RJ11).
thanks
2005 Patriot

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Battery Temperature Control Sensor for Xantrex
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 03:34:24 AM »
I just asked that question of Xantrex, The tech said don't splice the wire, run new wire with new sensor. He then explained that the temp sensor is more trouble than its worth, so I did not replace my temp sensor when I replaced my inverter.

I was just gonna use the existing wire and crimp on a new phone plug, and a new plug on the new sensor, so I could just plug them together with a phone connector. He said don't do it, so I didn't. Their help line is pretty responsive, so give them a call.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Dominic . Sue Ambrosino

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 04:19:49 AM »
I just asked that question of Xantrex, The tech said don't splice the wire, run new wire with new sensor. He then explained that the temp sensor is more trouble than its worth, so I did not replace my temp sensor when I replaced my inverter.

I was just gonna use the existing wire and crimp on a new phone plug, and a new plug on the new sensor, so I could just plug them together with a phone connector. He said don't do it, so I didn't. Their help line is pretty responsive, so give them a call.

thanks so much, Bill. we have the same coach. i have a brand new sensor, but it's only 15'9" and no matter how I try to run it through the coach, it's too short. I need about 20' in order for it to reach. glad I reached out---thank you!
2005 Patriot
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »
Although the sensor is discontinued, they are still available at a few places on-line. I've seen prices in the $75 range.

Is there a way to "read" the sensor value? How do you know if the sensor is bad or not?