Author Topic: Solenoid back by the engine on 1997 monterey  (Read 5951 times)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Solenoid back by the engine on 1997 monterey
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 02:50:51 AM »
Rick,
Difficult to assist you without more info. Is the solenoid you are worried about the boost  (will have cables running to battery isolator) or the starter solenoid (will have cable running to starter). You didn't say if there was 12v at the isolator, so ?? Have you tried tracing the cable that has no voltage on it? The 96 diagrams are on Coach Assist. Look for the 96 Monterey  wiring diagrams contributed by John Bronson and Connie Bradish or the 96 Patriot wiring diagrams contributed by Connie Bradish
Steve

Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
  Rick,
As Steve and the rest of us out here in forum land are trying to help you, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you would help us out, take a picture of the device you are discussing and then re-size it so it is less than 300kb so you can attach it to your post.
    Thanks, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Rick Penick

boost solenoid mfg number
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »
Would anyone possibly have the boost solenoid number for 1997 monterey?

thanks rick

Rick Penick

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
I hav spent days on this in the dirt. so where i am is i turn the key engine wont start i have tested all the connections in the fuse area . The solenoid in fuse area you turn the key on i get 12v on right side key off no 12v on right side coming in on left hav 12v. i go back to the solenoid mounted on frame behind battery bank and i get 12v in nothing out towards engine. i have tried pushing the boost switch with key turned on nothing. I have the bed up tested everything in sight. I tested all fuses in and around the batteries etc all good.there is a blue isolator box has fins on it a black wire goes to it and another black wire goes to the batteries 6v. I do not no if the isolator assuming i am calling it correctly can be tested or not. the solenoid back by the batteries i can jump across it and engine fires right up.
the dash i hav been under it cant find any issues that are obvious there has been no rats etc in the wiring. also the small wire on the solenoid in the front going to back solenoid i hav no power . someone mentioned that it should have 12 v to start. when i start the engine i get check engine light on i get engine warning light on . another thing is the hazard lights come on  by themselves start blinking no clue what that is about.so called race car buddy we went back and forth on the phone he says the solenoid back by batteries is bad needs replaced i asked here if anyone new what the part number or anything about what it is i need. there is no numbers or info on it. so if anyone has any ideas i am listening. pictures etc are big help. if anyone thinks they can help appreciate it. will leave my cell number 520 419 8828.

thanks
rick

Mike Shumack

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »
You need to provide a photo of what your working on - so we can be sure that the advice given is correct. When you say "fuse area" are you talking about the compartment at the front of the Coach, or back at the rear by the batteries?

Is this what your rear run/elec panel looks like? This layout shows the Boost solenoid.

But with new chassis batteries you should not need to use the Boost solenoid. I think the terminology you are using to describe some of the components may be incorrect and thereby adding some confusion regarding what you are doing (working on) in your troubleshooting steps.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »
Rick,
With all due respect, I think you are at the point where you provide us with some photos of your suspected problem areas (third time we have  requested this) and/or call a mobile RV tech. As Mike noted, we are "shooting in the dark" when trying to advise you as we are not sure what you are referring to. Since you said that the coach had been sitting for some time, it is very possible that it has multiple issues. I (we) have asked specific questions regarding to help you ID the problem(s). For example, I asked if you had house and chassis battery voltage on the large studs of the isolator. No answer. As Fred noted, we are trying to help but w/o answers to our specific questions it is impossible for us to be of value to you. This is doubly important in the case of someone not familiar with RVs.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »
Rick
With the key in the run position do you have any numbers or lights on the shift console if not the transmission ECM will not be sending a neutral signal to the engine ECM and with out the neutral safety the engine won't crank if the console is dead check for a ten amp fuse located in the battery box area at the rear in the rats next of battery cables there should be two of them one for the engine ECM and the other for the transmission ECM these will be regular sealed ATO  inline fuse holders.
Let me know what you find
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 07:59:15 PM »
    Hey Eric,
I just got off the phone with Rick and we have traced the issue to the alarm system is still active in this coach. Markers flash and ignition is by-passed. We are in the process of uninstalling it. Thanks to everyone who is trying to help. Blessings and Joy, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Mike Shumack

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 08:03:32 PM »
    Hey Eric,
I just got off the phone with Rick and we have traced the issue to the alarm system is still active in this coach. Markers flash and ignition is by-passed. We are in the process of uninstalling it. Thanks to everyone who is trying to help. Blessings and Joy, Fred

Nice work Fred!
 We were pretty far off track on our group troubleshooting efforts.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 10:28:06 PM »
   Mike,
Not really, we are all collectively trying to help this newbee out and he has no idea how to use the nomenclature we are all familiar with. On top of all that his camera on his phone is busted so he can't take pictures and post them.
   I appreciate you doing the research and posting the original schematic for his coach. Keep up the good work! Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 10:44:39 PM »
Good work Fred
With the uninstall the start circuit should be reunited and all will be good we hope!
Makes perfect sense with the lights tied in.
Did he find the alarm unit ( probably under the dash somewhere near the ignition switch)
Any way good call Fred I hope your handy when I need ya lol
Happy travels Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Rick Penick

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2020, 12:25:03 AM »
 I want to thank Fred and Steve and Roy i finally got the rig started. I had wires crossed on the solenoid and Steve helped me test those and got them all hooked up correctly. Also the alarm i took apart pulled checked all fuses and replaced the relay found a key in a drawer with a key faub went to Ace Hdwe bought a new battery 12v believe it or not and got the alarm shutoff. Than she fired up! Now on to check engine light on and wobble in front end which is unreal aired up tires checked the hubs oil levels etc etc so made appt to place up here Steve recommended had to wait a week to get in.

Thanks again and thanks for your patience!

Rick