Author Topic: 0  (Read 5901 times)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: A really unusual Antifreeze system leak
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 05:33:04 AM »
Rick,
Use Paint. Resize them by 50 % 3 times and they will post with no issues.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 08:10:16 AM »
If you have an Apple machine, I’ve recommended here before the “Image Compress and Resize Easily” app, available in the App Store.  It uses a simple slider bar that tells you as you move it just how many kB you’re at.  A few minutes practice and you’ll have the knack.  It’s so much simpler than others I tried, and I tried and deleted lots of photo editing apps.

I don’t know if it’s available for Windows machines or at Google Play for androids.  I reckon one of these days I’ll have to check.  But as Steve notes, Paint works well enough, though I usually reduce images once to 28% or so.  As I recall there is no kB readout to tell you when you’re below 300 for sure, so if you have an original high MB image, it may take multiple reductions to get there.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:15:41 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Shumack

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:44 PM »
Paint works well enough, though I usually reduce images once to 28% or so.  As I recall there is no kB readout to tell you when you’re below 300 for sure, so if you have an original high MB image, it may take multiple reductions to get there.

Joel

of course it depends on the file size you start with as to how many "reductions" are needed to get the file/photo size down to 300KB or under.
In Microsoft Paint, after you do a photo "resize", you must save that change first (click on the icon of the disc), then you can go to File>Properties and see the resulting file size.

Example:

Rick Matarazzo

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 05:25:59 AM »
Update posted with photos. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »
I have the same 06 PT with the aluminum over flow tank system. I have a 16 lbs pressure cap on the over flow tank, I never loose any coolant. That is the one that came on the coach new.
Remove that tank cap and take a real good look at the cap sealing surface in that aluminum tank neck, maybe the surface is not sealing causing it to pump coolant into you second tank.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley