Author Topic: Engine Warning - where is the diagnostic plug??  (Read 2191 times)

Frederick Thornton

Engine Warning - where is the diagnostic plug??
« on: September 18, 2020, 12:08:46 AM »
Hi, I have a 2007 Beaver Contessa Bayshore with Cummins 400 engine. For a second time, the Engine Warning light has come on and the tachometer goes to max reading. I pull over, turn the ignition key off, then restart the engine and everything seems ok. The first time this happened was about 2.5 months ago. It happened again yesterday. I am camped by a retired Cummins engineer who has a engine diagnostic device but we don't find the engine diagnostic plug. Can someone tell me exactly where it is on the 2007 Beaver?

THANKS!!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Engine Warning - where is the diagnostic plug??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 12:27:46 AM »
Fredrick,
Remove the panel on the top of the dash in front of the driver. It is tucked up in there (at least it is on the CAT engine units).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 01:05:48 AM »
Fredrick, Either the data port is under the panel on top of the dash or in the engine compartment. With my PT the trans data port is on the top of the dash and the motor (Cat) is in the engine compartment.

Frederick Thornton

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 01:09:57 AM »
I removed the panel over the dash and there are two plugs, one a six pin and the other a nine pen. I think my Cummins guy said the engine was probably a nine pin. When he returns, I'll get hime to look.

THANKS to both of you for your quick responses!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »
Not sure that your coach is the same, but perhaps this image of our Monterey will provide some insight.  I think there’s another engine plug in our battery bay.

Joel
Tap or click the image, or the attachment ID under it to expand it.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Frederick Thornton

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 12:39:33 AM »
Thanks Joel, I found the plugs under the dash access panel. It was not exactly like yours, but there were two plugs. I should hav taken a picture! The guy I met couldn't get his 9-pin plug to connect to the nine-pin due to room, and since I was leaving and he just volunteered to check, we didn't try to get better access. Guess I'll have to get an engine shop to check it.