Author Topic: HEH Computerized Leveling  (Read 2784 times)

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
HEH Computerized Leveling
« on: November 29, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
I have a 2006 Monterey with air leveling. The 12 volt air compressor does not work so the only way to level is manually. Yesterday when I started the engine and built up air the arrows to raise or lower any side did not work. Nothing happens when you tried to raise the low side. I have done this many times in the past with no problems. Anyone have a suggestion as to what the problem might be. Also, another question would be where is the gyro or sensor that tells the computer that the coach is level. When you put a level on the floor or check with the bathroom door it does not agree with the lights on the computer screen. It is not bad but one has to make a slight correction with the arrows to satisfy my wife as to being level.
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: HEH Computerized Leveling
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »
The 'Brain' for our HWH air leveling is mounted to the ceiling of the front run bay (left side forward compartment). The HWH manual goes into how to adjust the level sensor, look for the manual here under Coach Assist. I level the coach using the bathroom door; if it swings in or out, coach ain't level yet. Once ithe door stays put, I know wife is happy.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 10:25:13 PM »
The 'Brain' for our HWH air leveling is mounted to the ceiling of the front run bay (left side forward compartment). The HWH manual goes into how to adjust the level sensor, look for the manual here under Coach Assist. I level the coach using the bathroom door; if it swings in or out, coach ain't level yet. Once ithe door stays put, I know wife is happy.

Exactly the same here. And the shower door follows suit.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 03:07:25 AM »
I also have a 2006 Monterey.  The HWH system reset button on mine is located in the FRB (front run bay) below the drivers feet.  It is the button located next to the generator extend/retract switch.  When the HWH air leveling system loses it's mind, a press of the reset button often refreshes it's memory.  Hope this helps.

Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 03:29:47 AM »
Thanks everyone. I will check this all out tomorrow.
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9