General Boards > Technical Support

Installing Entry Door Lock Tumbler

<< < (3/3)

Fred Brooks:
    Gene,
You may try to find a "K" pass key in the meanwhile until you replace the assembly. Your local dealer may have it but may not sell it to you. Maybe Amazon or other internet source. Hope this helps, Fred

Eric Maclean:
Gene
This should be a direct replacement
https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-paddle-latch-08704363-p/190039.htm
Eric

Gene Obie:
A follow up that may help others. I ended up purchasing TriMark RV Door Lock 22660-04 Replacement for 13438-04 Right Hand ($45 from Ebay). Everything fit well and works fine after install - all the linkages matched up perfectly. With the desire of not having to pull the inside door panel off I cut a circular hole to access the mechanism hoping I could do the install without removing any door edge trim or window screws. Unfortunately since the mounting plate nut on the original lock was recessed into the panel I still needed to remove the door edge molding on that side to get access to this nut. With the new part, that nut doesn't extend so far and I can get to it from my access hole and believe if I had another issue I would only need to remove my plug. At least if something goes haywire I can access from inside and the plug doubles as a stop for the screen door handle. That said, knowing what I know now I probably could have replaced it without the hole and by just removing the door edging on that one side (and not the window frame).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version