Author Topic: Aladdin is a bit off  (Read 1781 times)

Mark Bodenhamer

Aladdin is a bit off
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:21:29 PM »
Opened the Aladdin for the 1st time in a while, it's a bit off.  The LP is what the external gauge reads.  Gray and black, I never expected to work anyway but if they do that's cool. I would like the fresh to be a bit more accurate.  In order to fix this do I follow the directions in the "Aladdin Tank Level Calibration" in coach assist? It doesn't look that easy. Or is it?
Anyone else have a 255/gal fresh tank?   ;)

Mike Shumack

Re: Aladdin is a bit off
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 04:17:48 PM »
There is a good video in this link http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,10365.0.html showing how to recalibrate the Aladdin.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 07:01:07 PM »
Good info in the video, Mike, thanks. One thing I learned is to set the calibration levels to a slightly different value than the 'raw' value displayed during calibration. As far as the 'span' or full tank calibration, you can do what my shop did when they had to replace a sensor, they drilled a small hole in the side of the black and grey tanks, then filled the tanks until water ran out the drilled hole. They then filled the holes with Dicor or Sika or some other sealer, no leaks after 5 years, so I guess its ok. The Aladdin manual says you can measure the depth of the tank and use this calculation to get the 'span' or full tank value, saves drilling a hole and filling the tank.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Mark Bodenhamer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 12:17:47 AM »
Helpful video, thanks.