Author Topic: Waste valves  (Read 1603 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Waste valves
« on: February 16, 2021, 11:58:32 PM »
Does anyone have the proper part numbers for the black and grey waste valves for a 2001 Contessa. I haven’t a clue what I would even need to get these so I can change them out. Grey valve doesn’t seem to close correctly.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Waste valves
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:22:27 AM »
Lamonte, If your waste valves are manually operated, I think these are a standard size so any replacement (Valterra, etc) should fit. One suggestion I have is to empty your tanks fully beforehand. What I did was to tilt the MH using the airbags to completely empty the tanks. Less mess the better! Also, lube the valve gaskets (rubber ring) and handle shaft with silicone grease (plumbers grease) before installation. A little goes a logn way. Just get the mounting bolts sung, not too tight, so the valves are easy to open and close. Maybe use a drop of blue Locktite on the bolt threads, if they don't come with locking nuts. One job I have had too much experience with!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Waste valves
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 12:58:47 AM »
Yes, by all means... empty the waste tanks completely by tipping the RV well over towards the waste valves.  After emptying, tip the RV over the other way to keep any remaining liquid to the far side away from the waste valves.  Our waste valves are electric and I ordered them from Drain Master in Hollister, CA.  If you have electric valves, then talk to Cheryl at Drain Master.

https://drainmaster.com/rv/products/mini-view2
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell