Author Topic: Computer port  (Read 1836 times)

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
Computer port
« on: March 03, 2021, 01:12:46 AM »
I have a 2006 Monterey with a C-9, 350 HP Cat engine. I had the check engine light and service engine light come on so i have a Cat mechanic from Ring Power coming tomorrow to see what if any fault codes are in the system. Is the point where he would hook his computer on the dash in front of the steering wheel?  If not can anyone tell me where to direct this mechanic?  The lights have only come on once and have not come on since but not wanting to face a serious problem I thought it prudent to have it checked out. The coach no longer has an Aladdin system in working condition as it had to be disconnected when a lightning strike damaged the cable connecting the engine and transmission to the Aladdin system.
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Computer port
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 02:43:24 AM »
Our data port was found under the removable dash plate on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel.  We had a Kenworth tech plug into the data port to reprogram the cruise control downshifting of the transmission.  Our coach's transmission no longer downshifts from 6th to 4th gear when the cruise control is dropped by switching it off or tapping the brakes.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,9665.msg65953.html#msg65953

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:48:52 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
Re: Computer port
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 03:12:39 AM »
It turned out my port for hooking up CAT computer was in the battery bay. Computer said the problem was low coolant. I have new metal surge tank coming from BCS, should arrive on Monday. Old plastic tank showed signs of leaking from several places. I believe that will but an end to any problems from the surge tank.

Tom Webber
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9