General Boards > Technical Support

Girard 2000 Awning Repair

(1/1)

Casey Humphries:
Good day Everyone,

Does anyone know where you can order new arms and motors for a Girard awning without ordering them from Girard? 

Last year I purchased 3 new arms and new fabric directly from Girard.  Most of the replacement was fine and their youtube video was helpful but the alignment of the lead-arm, arms and coach was not.  Their help over the phone was done so begrudgingly.   I broke one of the new arms removing everything when the motor wouldn't retract the awning anymore.  The motor had been making a slight grinding/click sound and sometimes would slip a bit to then not being able to pull the awning in fully.  The manual process stopped working as well.

My experience with the company and one person in particular as been AWFUL.  AWFUL!  I've never spent so much money to be treated so poorly (in my opinion).  It absolute pains me to have to call them and deal with this person to order the parts.
I'm in BC Canada. 

Any suggestions?

Jerry Pattison:
They have a new service facility in Red Bay, AL.  Phone 256.333.4200.  If you haven't tried them, you might give it a go.

Keith Moffett:
Casey, have you considered  a scrap yard?  Perhaps Visone.com

Fred Brooks:
   Casey,
 Do you have the owners manual for the Girard G-2000? If not I can send you a copy. What kind of an issue do you need some guidance on? Fred

Mike Tomas:
So Casey-

The arm adjustment to properly align them to retract into the housing is a different procedure than adjusting the motor limit switches that need to be set for proper Awing retraction. From the sounds of what your describing, the new motor assembly was not properly adjusted to shut the motor off upon full retraction.

Please consult the included PDF link, Page 12 for Motor Limit switch setting as well as starting on page 15 For Arm adjustments.

https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env99NEWMAR/html/images/G2000.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version