Author Topic: Aqua Heat  (Read 1306 times)

Anthony Neri

Aqua Heat
« on: June 16, 2022, 12:22:14 PM »
Good morning
My question is when I am not using my RV and have it plugged in. Is the aqua heat always on when the RV is plugged in? If so is this ok or is there a way to turn it off?

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Aqua Heat
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 12:29:42 PM »
Anthony
The Aqua hot has an electric element that heats the antifreeze as well as the diesel burner depending on your model the early year models had no user control to turn off the electric element except to turn off the breaker in the electrical panel

If you don't want the heat on during storage simply shut off the breaker for the Aquahot.

Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Anthony Neri

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 02:48:55 PM »
Thank you Eric

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 03:09:27 PM »
Our Aquahot is the AHE-100-02S model.

Its 120 volt electric heating element is turned ON and OFF by a switch (#1) located in the 120v main breaker panel located in the bedroom - no place else.  Power for the electric heating element is supplied ONLY from the generator or shore power - not from inverted 12 volt battery power.

Over the kitchen sink, the diesel burner and engine preheat are turned ON and OFF by two toggle switches (#2 and #3) - no place else.  With those three switches OFF there will be no power draw by the Aquahot.

Both the electric element switch (#1) and diesel burner switch (#2) can be ON concurrently.  If the electric element cannot keep the coolant hot due to interior furnace heating or shower/sink hot water demands, then the diesel burner will turn ON to supplement heating.

The diesel burner switch (#2) is lighted when turned ON.  If the diesel burner switch is ON but not lit, then the diesel burner has faulted.  To reset the diesel burner, simply flip the switch to its OFF position and back to its ON position.  If resetting the Aquahot diesel burner does not cause the diesel burner to ignite, then either the coolant is already hot above the thermostat setpoint or the Aquahot needs to be repaired or needs an annual checkup, or there is insufficient power for it to operate.

The engine preheat switch (#3) simply turns on a pump located within the Aquahot to pump heated coolant through the C-12 engine.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 05:13:05 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Anthony Neri

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 05:08:07 PM »
Thank you David