Author Topic: Aqua Hot Circulation Pumps  (Read 1685 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Aqua Hot Circulation Pumps
« on: May 06, 2021, 05:22:25 AM »
We have the AHE100-04S. 
Each servicing I have been glad the pumps were stacked neat and tidy on the left wall of the stainless box.  Some time ago the zone 2 pump quit and I did the check valve rap and it was fine for a time.  It quit again shortly. 
In order to replace the pump it is necessary to drain the boiler fluid so this is the perfect time to flush and renew.  Who knew the pump would be a huge pain to remove. 
The new pump kit upgrades the OEM version but the instructions do not include our original pump. 
Because the OEM bracket is riveted in place it is necessary to unscrew the pump from the bracket.  There are three screws each long and fine thread and in the worst places to reach through the other pumps, wires and hoses.  If you remove the two hoses from the pump the screws get easier.
The 1/2 inch hose on the back wall is trouble.  The squeeze clamp is recessed beyond the wall with inadequate opening to remove it. 
If someone knows an easier way to all this I am all ears.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
Re: Aqua Hot Circulation Pumps
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 02:50:23 PM »
Keith, we recently had our stir pump replaced in our Hydrohot  by Howard's RV in Beaumont California. I ordered the replacement kit  and Wayne at Howard's put it in and flushed the system ( 5 gallons ). I watched as he did the job. Some hints, remove the burner while leaving connections in tact. Then drain the tank and remove the old pump. Wayne used needle nose pliers to release the tension clamps counter sunk on the hoses. He also used a chisel to disengage the bracket holding the pump and did not reattach the pump to the bracket when finished which he said really did not need. As a full timer I did not want to deal with the process and Howard's has always done good work for us.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Aqua Hot Circulation Pumps
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 10:14:03 PM »
Keith, For the record, and maybe this will show up in a future search to help someone:

To replace a circulation pump on a AHE 100 04s, do not try to remove the bracket to which the pump is mounted. Use a stubby (or ratcheting right angle) screwdriver and remove the 3 screws that hold the pump to the bracket. When installing the new pump, attach the pump to the old bracket with a ty-wrap or two.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett