General Boards > General Discussion

Fridge Replacement

<< < (2/5) > >>

David T. Richelderfer:
Jerry - Was your old fridge a Norcold LRIM 1200?  I need a replacement door...  lower right fridge door.

Steve Huber Co-Admin:
We installed a Samsung 18 cu ft unit a few years ago. Since then the cooling fans in the refrigerator section have quit twice. In addition the Samsung unit we had in our stick house also died after only 3 years. JUNK IMHO.
Steve

Joel Ashley:
I have little respect for anything Samsung, excepting our S10e cell phones which are the only things from that company in this house that haven’t earned too much wrath. 

Parts in 3 year-old failed electronics devices by various other brands turned out to be made by Samsung;  blown Samsung-made capacitors were replaced with another manufacturer’s that have held up for years (a decade?) since.  Our large home fridge is a GE, but was made for them by Samsung.  It’s ice maker I’ve repaired twice and replaced once.  It’s noisier than heck.  It’s defrost/condenser system I had to tear into and repair once a few years ago and it’s gone belly up again.  I haven’t had the wherewithal to go through the repair again, so we tolerate until then the freezing water puddling under and immobilizing the deli drawer.  I’ve threatened to just get a new 30c.f. LG fridge, but today they run over $3000.  Our LG washer and dryer have been wonderful and trouble-free for 7 years.

No way will I get a Samsung.  Just my opinion from personal experience.  Others here have reported they like their Samsung fridges (except obviously Steve).  If I were lookin to replace our reliable and adequate Dometic with a residential one, I’d consider Bill’s suggestion of Fischer-Paykel, although I can’t see a 170RF online.

Joel

Jerry Emert:

--- Quote from: Bill Lampkin on May 06, 2021, 07:13:09 PM ---And I had to remove the two deep pot storage drawers below the fridge to gain enough height for the fridge to fit. DW loves the new fridge but she does miss the pot drawers. I could have cut them down a couple of inches and all would still fit, but the fridge now sits closer to the floor and DW is a bit height-challenged so I think it works better this way.

--- End quote ---
Did you have a heater register under the fridge also?  If so how did you handle it?  Thanks.

Jerry Emert:

--- Quote from: David T. Richelderfer on May 06, 2021, 10:17:05 PM ---Jerry - Was your old fridge a Norcold LRIM 1200?  I need a replacement door...  lower right fridge door.

--- End quote ---
Yes, Ill keep it for you.  I can't guarantee the seals, I have been trying to find some to replace the ones all the way around.  They are not torn up or anything. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version