Author Topic: Hwh Slides  (Read 4021 times)

Richard Faure

Hwh Slides
« on: May 10, 2021, 02:58:33 AM »
05 Beaver Patriot thunder 525hp
The bedroom drivers side and the drivers side living room are not working.  Replaced the drivers side living room hydrolic cylinder. Tested at the center red wire at each room switch.  There is 12v.  The switches are working properly.  When I test at the pump I do not get 12v.  Do these wires go through a relay or something stopping power from getting from the switch down to the pump?  The Pump is starting so the white wire is getting signal but the 12v for the retract and extend isnt.
Any input would be great
4 slides.  I think the pass side of the bedroom is electric? 4 valves but only 3 have lines on them. One blanked off

Mike Shumack

Re: Hwh Slides
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:50:45 AM »
Your '05 PT must be a little different than mine. All my room slides are hydraulic. My Gen slideout is electric.

There is a relay in the front run box which is used to cut power to the front slide rooms if the ignition switch in On. However that relay is only used for the two front slides. The bedroom slides also require that the ignition switch be Off, but I'm not sure were the bedroom switches connect to the HWH (probably at the HWH pump/manifold).

Richard Faure

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 01:13:38 AM »
On further investigation today. All 4 slides are hydrolic.  I have 3 sets of wires coming to the pump.  The kitchen, the living, the pass side bedroom.  The set of wires from the drivers side  bedroom I have no idea where they go.  There has to be another solenoid somewhere that these wires are going to.  I have been from one end to the other and cannot find it.  Under the pass side bedroom slide there is a tee in the hydrolic lines but no solenoid valves.  There are 3 solenoids on the pump and 3 sets of hydrolic lines.  How does the 4th work?

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 02:03:25 AM »
Richard,

On my 07’ Marquis the driver side bedroom slide is electric. The sound of the electric vs. the hydraulic is different. It may be that your driver side bedroom slide is also electric. Have someone listen up front by the hydraulic pump while you activate the bedroom slide. Easy enough to determine if pump is running or not. Hope this helps.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 02:32:50 AM »
   Richard,
I believe there is a relay and fuse in the front electrical compartment and in the bedroom behind the TV. You may want to check out the info in Coach assist and scroll down to the HWH section under 04 thunder (same as 05) I included this print to help you out. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Richard Faure

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 05:57:19 AM »
Thanks, I will check tomorow.  The only place I have not looked was behind the tv.  I will let you know, Thanks

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »
That drawing above is for the HWH air-leveling system. The HWH Slides are different. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate a drawing for the electrical for the Slides.
This is as close as I have found (but our 2005 PTs don't have bay compartment door interlocks). However the basics of the wiring/controls would be very similar.

I made a modification to my Slide setup, so that I can run the slides in/out with the engine running (Ignition On). I just made a slight modification at the relay in the front Run box, but that relay does not affect the rear slide rooms. I looked for a relay for the rear rooms but could not locate anything (I pulled the slide control switches out and looked behind the switch cutout but there is nothing in there.

If you find a relay for the rear slide rooms, be sure to post back where it is located.
Good luck.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:42:58 PM by Mike Shumack »

Richard Faure

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 05:33:27 PM »
No luck.  Checked behind the tv.  I cannot find another set of solenoids for extend and retract.  I have a call into Beaver coach to see if they know.

Richard Faure

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 12:28:45 AM »
So I took the hydrolic hwh pump out to make sure and bench test all valves. 3800 lbs on all. Put back in and still drivers living room no fluid.  Took all the room lines off the pump and the returns.  I hooked up 90 lbs of air compressor hooked up to both the feed and the returm to the drivers living room.  No air coming out anywhere
I could see one of the hydrolic lines blocking but both of them.  There isnt a valve block that i am missing imbetween the pump and the drivers living is there?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 12:14:47 PM »
When you removed the lines to blow through, did you remove the lines at the pump end and the cylinder end? If you just removed them at the pump end your air would be trying to extend or retract the cylinder, which isn't going to work. Either way that would not explain why both the bedroom and living room slides are inop. I would expect the problem to be related (not two separate things gone wrong).

Since you are familiar with, and have access to, the HWH pump and solenoids, you could try swapping the drivers side hoses with the passenger side hoses (on the HWH manifold), then run the pass switch and see if the drivers side room moves. That would eliminate the hoses and cylinders from your troubleshooting. If it moves, the problem is in the electrical or solenoids, if it doesn't move then you confirmed that the issue is in the hoses or cylinder.

Does your drivers side front slide setup look like this?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 12:21:45 PM »
Also, just to add, you should have eight solenoids (four for retract, and four for extend). You mentioned that you only have three sets of wires. Is that correct?

Richard Faure

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 02:57:04 PM »
Yes that is the same as my set up.  I removed all hoses to pressure up.  That is what I dont understand.  4 Hydrolic slides as I have seen all rooms hydrolic rams.  There are 8 solenoids but 2 were not used.  Thats why I think there is another manifold somewhere.  I have a set of extend/retract/pump wires at all of the room switches.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »
I assume all the slide rooms worked when you bought the Coach.  So if you only have six solenoids maybe one of the bedroom slides is electrically operated. Have you removed the cover under the bed to verify? I know some of the Monaco sister coaches used an electric motor slide on the bedroom.

Also, when you press the extend/retract switch for the Bedroom slide do you hear anything (pump running, etc.). Do you hear anything run when you do the same for the living room slide? I can't remember now if you mentioned this before.

You can go to each solenoid group, unplug the wires and then test for voltage when someone presses the extend/retract switch. At least this way you can identify which solenoids are for what rooms. Lastly, I would look around the pump/solenoids closely to be sure a harness did not come unplugged where the wires have fallen down and become hidden. I can't believe someone would install a "second" pump/solenoid pack (and abandon the set on the HWH pump) since the solenoids are not very expensive.

This is my bedroom (drivers side) slide. it is hydraulic.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 03:27:12 PM by Mike Shumack »

Richard Faure

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 04:38:36 PM »
Yes that is the same as mine.  Drivers side bedroom hydrolic ram under the bed.  On the pass side there are 2 rams and one under the slide.  No valves.  When you push any of the slides the pump runs.
So on yours you have 4 lines going out from the pump?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 05:40:17 PM »
Richard, I climbed under to count lines - but it's like count counting spaghettis in the bowl. It looks like there are eight lines. I cant get far enough under there to get a proper count.