Author Topic: HAs anyone added a Pet Gate in their Coach?  (Read 1498 times)

Mike Shumack

HAs anyone added a Pet Gate in their Coach?
« on: May 12, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
I want to add a Pet Gate of some sort to keep my dog(s) from getting into my space while I'm driving. I use the sliding dog gate style in my home now and have a spare one that I want to mount in the Coach. Has anyone done this? Does anyone make a pet gate specifically for RV installation?

The only way I can see to do this would be to set it up behind the driver and copilot seats, using the seat mounting bolts to anchor some type of floor-level brackets. I prefer not to drill any holes into anything that could not be hidden if/when I sell the Coach.

I think some of you would advise me to just put a leash on the pets (to prevent them from reaching the front seat area and/or keep them in their doggy beds while driving, but it works out better if I can let them move around a little in the back - but just not get into the front driver's area. I also like the idea that I can block off the entry stairs while parked/camping so I can get in and out whiteout a pack of dogs waiting to greet me as I open the door.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: HAs anyone added a Pet Gate in their Coach?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »
We have a small kennel cage for the small dog.  It is either in the cage or riding on Leslie's lap.  For the larger dog, we have a leash that snaps into one of the couch's seatbelt receivers to limit his range.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!