Author Topic: Remote Generator Start Issue  (Read 1496 times)

Ron Champion

• BAC Member
Remote Generator Start Issue
« on: June 15, 2021, 11:19:42 PM »
2003 Beaver Monterey, Xantrax RV2012M Inverter, Alladin system with Trace RC7GS remote control, and Onan 7.5 Quiet Deisel. I dont know if its related but after having a loose neutral on a post, and losing power, my generator now will not start from the remote control.
I can not program the "auto on/off" parameters, the controller immediately reverts to manual start/stop. When I push the start button on the control it does not try to start, does nothing. It will start and run fine from the dash start button. Just not the remote.
Is there a circuit breaker, fuse somewhere, I cant find it. Where is the relay? I am still looking for that as well. Thanks

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Remote Generator Start Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 11:37:00 PM »
Ron, Does your remote panel show any faults? If so, maybe clearing any faults will cure your ills. I just replaced our Xantrex 2012 and I can say that the generator start wiring (3 wires if I remember) s all within the inverter itself, there is no remote gen start module or relay. I would look for a fault first.
Check on the Beaveramb.org site for coach assist, I think the Xantrex/Trace manual is there for your inverter and remote.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Ron Champion

• BAC Member
Re: Remote Generator Start Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 07:17:07 PM »
Thanks Biil, I actually got it working but you responded before I could post it.
There was no error code, everything looked normal. Just didnt do anything when pushing the button.
The voltage spike jumbled the program.
I had to not only reset the inverter by turning it off/on I had to remove the communication cable and reprogram the remote.
A friend called me out of the blue and told me he had the same problem on his. His initial issue was a bad cell in a battery.