Author Topic: Owners manual for 2006 Beaver Monterey Ventura  (Read 5995 times)

Gregory J Dugre

• BAC Member
Owners manual for 2006 Beaver Monterey Ventura
« on: June 23, 2021, 04:54:59 AM »
I've just purchased a 2006 beaver Monterey Ventura IV with a 400 hp C9 cat and Allison 3000 MH transmission
I'm trying to get an owners manual for this coach. This is my first coach and it would be  helpful to have a owners manual instead of trying to figure out how everything is susposed to work. I've checked out the Monaco site but I can only find listings for Monaco coaches nothing for Beaver.  Any suggestions would be appricated.
Thanks.
Greg
2006 Beaver Monterey Ventura IV
C9 Cat Allison 3000

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Owners manual for 2006 Beaver Monterey Ventura
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 06:53:15 AM »
Greg, click the blue link in the upper right corner of this page that takes you to the main BAC site.  There, sign in and then use the “Technical” tab whose menu contains our “Coach Assist” section.  If you’ve signed in only on this Forum, you may need to create an account also on the main site first as it and the Forum are separate entities, and Coach Assist is a private, BAC members only feature.

Scroll down a short way on Coach Assist and you will find a manual for your coach that’s like mine.  The manual is relatively large but not always accurate as to some procedures and devices;  mostly because Monaco is known for printing a manual before all of a rig’s intended features were finalized, and design plans change after printing.  Features even changed mid-year, so that, aside from options differences, any 2 coaches of the same year and model may have different inclusives, and be not absolutely true to their sales brochure. 

You may often find better answers here on the Forum than there.  Treat the manual as enlightening if you are new to these rigs or didn’t have the benefit of a buyer’s walkthrough.  But it often won’t supply a question’s answer, so consult here regardless.  Also note in Coach Assist other useful entities such as an Aladdin manual and trouble shooting documents, CAT engine help and service advise from our guru mechanic Dave Atherton, HydroHot manuals and help, electrical diagram books, and numerous other resources.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:04:31 PM »
Gregory, Joel did a great job, suggest also calling Northwest Supply in Eugene , Oregon at 541- 746- 9092. As they have many old Beaver and Monaco manuals for sale.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Gregory J Dugre

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 02:37:04 PM »
thanks Joel
I've found the manual. looks like I have some reading to do. I have two guesting. first the two needles red and green for the air pressure Guage. is? primary  and secondary or front and rear. but which is which. Second I have a check engine light plus an engine warning light flashing. I've purchased a FCAR Scanner to trouble shoot but I'm not sure what protocol the coach uses. j1708, J1939?
thanks Greg
Greg
C9 Cat Allison 3000

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 03:02:47 PM »
   Greg,
  The red needle is the air pressure dedicated to rear brakes only (they do 70% of your braking). The green needle is your front brakes and all your air driven accessories, (air ride, horn, stepwell cover, ect) When the air pressure gets down to 90psi, the compressor comes on and builds the pressure back up to 120psi. The green needle will cycle back and forth as you use air for the air bags. If you were to loose your air pressure in transit, when the pressure gets down to 35psi it automatically applies the park brake. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »
I’ll leave the scanner question to others here much more familiar with their use. 

To add to Fred’s succinct tank explanation, the rear (red needle) tank is often called the primary, probably due to it providing rear air brake pressure, a safety concern of more importance than the horn, door seal, air bags, or step cover, etc.  There is a one-way valve between the two tanks so when the secondary fills, air can go into the primary but the brakes’ supply can’t lose air by way of it leaching back into the secondary (green) tank.  When pressure reaches a low point, the engine compressor/air-dryer kicks in to boost back toward 120-130 psi.  When it gets there, you hear the moist air release of the dryer purge typical of diesel trucks and motorhomes.

Note that when you park and level the coach using auto-level, typically in a campsite, the HWH system checks for level every so often and uses a small auxiliary compressor to readjust if needed.  Just a person moving from one part of the coach to another can affect level enough to trigger that, but usually the pump comes on only occasionally as an airbag seeps a bit of air and that corner needs a boost.  The aux pump on yours is under the curbside front between the genset and steps.  The OEM one isn’t as resistant to road debris and wear as we’d all like, so many here have replaced theirs with ViAir or other quality compressors.  The air line, solenoid, and wiring to it also can fail so it won’t help keep you level.  Be aware the aux pump is only an auto-level component;  it provides no benefit if you level manually.

Reckon I got off topic a bit, but many new owners aren’t aware of the “other” compressor.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Gregory J Dugre

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 10:59:48 AM »
The red needle will drop from 130 psi to 0 in about 3 days the green was also dropping until I found some leaks on the step well cover solenoid and the pressure regulator for the door gasket. I have been all over the coach with a pump spray bottle of soapy water and I haven't been able to find the leak.I would think a leak that fast I would be able to hear. Along with the air leak I'm have a check engine light and engine warning light that flashes red. My aladin system shows no oil pressure but the gauge showed 45 psi. When I plug in a scanner it show no DTC codes. I'm concerned that running the engine to build up air pressure to trouble shoot the air leak problem could be causing engine damage because of the engine warning light flashing. Should I focused on the engine issues first and then the air leak problem second.
Greg
C9 Cat Allison 3000

Gregory J Dugre

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 11:37:21 AM »
thanks Fred
Greg
C9 Cat Allison 3000
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Gregory J Dugre

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
thanks Bryan
I called northwest supply and they had an owners manual and wiring schematics and will be shipping them next week. The forum  has most of it on the website but maybe I'm old school i much rather have the actual book.a few hundred dollars well spent.
Greg
C9 Cat Allison 3000

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 06:58:51 PM »
Greg
I have the same coach as you have.  If your loss of air pressure was happening in 3 hours it would be a bit concerning, but over 3 days not so much.  I would concentrate on engine issues and leave chasing air leaks for when you have nothing else to do.  If memory serves me correctly, the Aladdin system gets it's oil pressure reading from the engine data bus.  The gauge gets it's reading from a separate sending unit.  I would suspect that the sending unit for the data bus has failed.  That would cause the check engine light.  Since your dash gauge is reading adequate oil pressure, I would suspect the issue is a sending unit failure and not a real loss of oil pressure.  Just an FYI; HUEI motors require adequate oil pressure to fire the injectors, so they will not run at all without oil pressure.  Good luck finding the issue.
Richard
p.s. I think both oil pressure sending units are right together on the passenger side mid-engine.
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 08:15:30 PM »
Greg, check your coolant level for the engin warning light and also drain your water fuel seperator filter if you have not already done so.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden