Author Topic: Leaking Low Pressure Switch - 1995 Beaver Marquis - Gilling Chassis  (Read 1658 times)

Jeff Pettit

• BAC Member
Dealing with an air leak, the low-pressure air switch is leaking around the power connector and needs to be replaced. I found the part in the manual but haven't had any luck finding it online or at any of the local parts houses.  I have reached out to Gillig to see if they can help me out.  In the meantime was trying to source something locally to get me by until I could get the original part.

Had anyone else had this issue, did you find the original part or use an after-market one?

Part Number: 51-00160-004
1995 Beaver Marquis Sapphire
Cummins 8.3

See photos below... if I attached them correctly.

Thank you,
Jeff
1995 Beaver Marquis  Sapphire
8.3 Cummins

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
I found it here, online, at Mohawk Mfg. - page 69

http://mail.mohawkmfg.com/PL100107USA.pdf
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Jeff Pettit

• BAC Member
Thank you for that link, called Mohawk they said that part has been discontinued, then talked with Gillig they said it was replaced with 51-26117-018 for $70.98. There is a guy that works on diesel trucks close to my house, stopped by there a little bit ago and it said he would replace it with a different one... he gave me this info: "Newstar S-9127 Low Air Pressure Switch, 1/8" NPT, 65-75 PSI Activation" he said it will just alarm quicker but should work. I can get it tomorrow for $27 so going to try it until the Gillig one comes in, will at least stop our air leak.
1995 Beaver Marquis  Sapphire
8.3 Cummins

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Hey, glad you found it and an option to get you going without a leak.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!