Author Topic: SMI Air Force One Question  (Read 13526 times)

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
Re: SMI Air Force One Question
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »
They mounted it on the windshield side of the rear view mirror and did a great job of hiding the wires. Luckily we can see it very well when the brakes are applied. They also showed me where to unplug it in the fuse panel so it's not coming on while were driving the car. It is very bright so it needs to be unplugged when not being towed. I agree, just from the three hour drive home I think it's going to be great. I am glad we bought the AF1 system. Have a great day Leah!
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Ron Langdon

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
Larry/Leah, I had the AF1 installed recently and found the placement of the light in the toad to work well. I see it, day or night, in my monitor.

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »
I never could see the light come on placed on the toad and the other problem was I had to take my eyes off the road to try and see it in the rear view mirror or the monitor.   Guess you guys just have better eyes than mine.  The other issue was having to disconnect it if you didn't want it to come on when just using the toad.  Having it mounted in the MH cockpit,  I know when it comes on with out having to move my focus from the road.  
But, whatever works is the important thing.  Right?

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »
I do think your installation is a better one. It would be nice to not have to unplug the light every time. But it does work well when towing. Our lights are very bright red led's. When I look back at the car there is no mistaking they are on. Maybe SMI improved them since your installation Leah. Whatever the reason I can see them really well.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
Larry, my lights are blue,  I think red is much better.  They obviously have changed them.