Author Topic: Stinky Coach  (Read 1147 times)

Bob Disney

• BAC Member
Stinky Coach
« on: September 25, 2021, 05:04:41 PM »
We purchased our coach about 18 months ago from a person who owned a dairy farm. He kept it quite close to the cows, it did have a aroma when we brought it home.
We thought the cows were the only culprit but some drain connection issues  in the slide issues also contributed to the odoriferous enhancement. There was still a slight smell even after we had the tanks cleaned.
Last week we purchased a ozone generator and placed it in the coach.
Ozone is not to be inhaled but does convert back to oxygen in a very short time 
After running the ozone generator for 2 hours and then allowing another hour for the ozone to dissipate we were extremely satisfied with the results.
All the stink was gone!!
It actually smelled like a brand new coach,  You could truthfully smell the plywood in the cabinets

The best part is it only cost about $50 delivered from Amazon, The piece of equipment is not much bigger then a regular toaster, about the size of a 4 slice
Totally amazed
2005 Monterey Ventura IV
(the Beave)
just fits in the 40' shed
400hp C9 Cat
Towing various old Jeeps

Mike Shumack

Re: Stinky Coach
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »
How about proving a link to the item at Amazon - or the brand name/model.

Bob Disney

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 05:37:29 PM »
There are many different brands available
This is what we purchased

Sanxia Commercial Ozone Generator
5,000 mg/h, ozone machine
$49.99 free shipping if a Amazon prime member

On top of everything else it is supposed to kill germs  including covid
Hospitals use ozone to sterilize equipment

Remember if you cant be in there neither can your pets
I think you would want to also remove your house plants if using the machine
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 05:44:41 PM by Bob Disney »
2005 Monterey Ventura IV
(the Beave)
just fits in the 40' shed
400hp C9 Cat
Towing various old Jeeps

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »
Around 1991 when we opted to sell my wife’s house in town that we’d rented out after she moved to the farm with me, we hired a company to ozone the house because the last renter had illegally accumulated a dozen cats.  The company left 3 machines in there for several days, and it worked very well.  We sold the house right away.

I’ve used Airthereal’s MA5000 for over a year.  It worked to clear lingering odors from 5 years ago when a varmint lived in our bay system for over a week.  It took that long for me to coax the critter out.  The machine works well in confined areas.  It’s relatively small, as mentioned… like a toaster.  I’ve also used the device in a tiny access space around our Jacuzzi where an occasional mouse gets in a trap and undiscovered.  The wife’s nose picks up on it before my less functional olfactories.  Leave it for several hours or more, maybe days for larger spaces.  As noted, it’s not a healthy environment while in operation, so be prepared to keep out of the area until some time after shutdown and reventilation.  Follow the manual’s cautions, whichever brand and model you buy.

Joel

https://airthereal.com/collections/ozone-generator/products/ma5000

It’s around $73 on Amazon now.  I don’t think I paid that much.  Watch for a sale, and shop around.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 11:29:19 PM »
I bought this PureAir product based on recommendations. I have not used it enough to know how good it is - but others have said it does a good job. It is small enough that fits the under countertop receptacle well, and fits in the bathroom under counter receptacle too without getting in the way.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F9NBNSK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1