Author Topic: Rear right slide sticks out 1' in front and home in rear after tire blowout  (Read 1281 times)

Bill Laatz

• BAC Member
Had an inner drive tire blowout on my 45' Marquis Jade north of Dayton Ohio on I-75 exit 83.  It destroyed the two layers of floor and ceramic tile under the bedroom sink in a 2' square area.  The front of the slide is extended 1' and the rear of the slide is flush with the sidewall.  The other three slides work, but the pump makes a noise when this one is actuated either in or out, but no movement.  Any ideas on how to get to the cylinders and synchronize them, or get the slide in flat to the sidewall.  I had the blowout at 2pm and I am now expecting the road service tire about 1am.  Hopefully the MH is driveable and can make it to a repair shop.  Any ideas in the Dayton/Cincinnati area??
Bill & Dawn Laatz, 
Oakland, Michigan (N. of Detroit)
2006 Beaver Marquis Jade 45QSL, #38277,
Cat 525HP C-13
2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Bill,
Sorry to hear about the blow out. Tires can do significant damage when they blow.
We have no member recommendations on our Service Providers list in OH, but check RV Service Reviews.  http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=OH
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp