Author Topic: Trailer Brake Activation  (Read 1409 times)

Robert Lawrence

Trailer Brake Activation
« on: November 15, 2021, 04:06:19 AM »
Hello all,

I have a new to me 05 Marquis.  This will be my first vehicle with air brakes that I will need to tow a trailer with.  I have an Prodigy brake controler that I removed from my old vehicle that i plan on using. 

Question is there a wire harness that is already installed in the Beaver coach that will control the brakes on a trailer?  Similar to a regular truck? Or do i need to install a air to electric module??

Mike Shumack

Re: Trailer Brake Activation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 01:57:17 PM »
I'm not familiar with your brake controller model. Do you just need a "brake light" signal? Obviously there is a trailer light plug connector at the back of your Marquis that you could tap into.

William Jordan

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 06:39:20 PM »
On my 03 Marquis, BAC had to run the wires from the Trailer Prodigy dash controller to the back. There were no "pre-Wired" empty wires to use. It still uses the brake light circuit to energize just like a regular gas truck. no air is involved.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 01:13:27 AM »
   Robert,
Enclosed is a chassis print that I believe Monaco used thru 2005. It shows some spares in the harness that feeds the trailer tow plug harness. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6