Author Topic: Front puck light switch location  (Read 1548 times)

Andrew Clare

Front puck light switch location
« on: March 13, 2022, 03:43:17 AM »
I have a 2002 Patriot. Over each front seat is a puck light like the ones under the cabinets. I am changing them all to LED and assumed that those two came on with one of the other light switches. Nope. Maybe the bulbs are burnt out. Nope. In fact the filaments in the bulbs look like they have never been on (maybe the PO never found the switch either). Huh, must be another light switch. Well I cannot find it. So here I am, hoping someone here can enlighten me as to the location of this switch. Thanks.

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
Re: Front puck light switch location
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 03:52:06 AM »
I have a 2006 Monterey and the lights you are talking about are turned on by turning the headlight switch.

Tom Webber
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 04:46:40 AM »
Tom is correct.  Those two are essentially part of the chassis system, unlike the other puck lights that run off the house batteries;  like dome lights in a regular car that has such a switch, they are controlled by turning the headlight switch all the way counterclockwise.  As a new coach owner, you should get used to that most things up front in the "cab" area are powered by the chassis batteries like in a car.  Whereas things to the rear of the cab are run by the house battery bank.  That's a generalization but should be helpful in the future.

Joel
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 04:52:58 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Andrew Clare

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 05:25:40 AM »
Thanks. I have noticed the separation in the cockpit area and I did look for a switch on the dash. It never occurred to me that they might be "dome lights" controlled by the light switch but that does make sense. I should have asked before spending 30 minutes looking, I guess it's kind of like stopping to ask for directions (man does that date me now that I think about it).