Author Topic: No water when connected to city water.  (Read 1522 times)

Mark and Alice Waters

• BAC Member
No water when connected to city water.
« on: February 21, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
Our 2005 Marquis is connected to city water.  We are not getting water in the coach or to fill the tank.  Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Mark Waters
2005 Marquis

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: No water when connected to city water.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 11:40:01 PM »
I had an issue once with our pressure regulator interfering with the park's backflow preventer. The pressure regulator on our water hose pushes against a small plastic rod on the park's backflow preventer when connected. This closes the backflow preventer which results in no water at the hose bib. So now I connect to the hose bib using a brass 'y' connector, that way the pressure regulator on our water hose won't interfere with the backflow preventer on the hose bib.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 11:58:12 PM »
Bill’s comments relate a common enough issue and is worth checking into.

But also, Mark, is your “Fresh Water Dump” rocker switch off (pressed downward and held on “Closed” for a few seconds), and if so do you see or hear water spilling on the ground under the edge of the coach anywhere?  If the switch is off (it may need to be held off for some seconds) but you have water spilling underneath the rig, it is a common malady to have a jammed or otherwise faulty water tank dump valve, letting water out as fast as it’s going in. 

Forgive me if you already know all of the following, but I’ll proffer it just in case you don’t:  With the pump switch off, the top right blue “Tank Fill” valve on your Manabloc manifold should be turned using the red “key” handle so its black center is horizontally oriented to fill the tank, and straight up and down for direct city water pressure to the coach.  This presumes your ‘05 Marquis’ water bay is similar enough to our ‘06 Monterey in basic concepts.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Todd Fisher

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 06:01:57 PM »
 I also seem to have this problem, when hooked to freshwater hose i barley get any pressure, [ like a trickle], until I turn water pump on. i can fill the tank with water fill in coach and just use the coach water pump but would like to just use the water pressure from hose. My question is am i over thinking this thing or is something messed up or is this the way it's made.

OH it a 2002 Beaver Maquis c12 40 foot no tag

Dan Johnson

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 07:58:33 PM »
I just got a 2002 Marquis so I am watching this. Seems like the water fill and city water are a little different than most rv's
2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald
Cat C-12
Nebraska

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 12:48:49 AM »
Keep in mind that many added water filters are dense enough (or clogged enough) to interfere with city pressure.  And be sure the tank fill knob on the water manifold is turned fully vertical to shut off the fill and not divert any flow from direct city access.

Regardless of any other loss of flow cause or not, turning on the pump while on city water will add to faucet output.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 12:56:49 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat