Author Topic: Slide toppers - replaced!  (Read 1290 times)

rkevincarson

Slide toppers - replaced!
« on: April 11, 2022, 02:00:14 AM »
It has been covered before but all of our slide toppers were old and starting to tear along the seams.  I was procrastinating their replacement just because of the time and effort involved.  Finally after a pretty good wind episode on the Colorado River two weeks ago, it was time.   I checked around at some different topppers but Tough Toppers kept being highly recommended.  I watch the video on what exactly to measure (not the fabric), got them all measured and picked the sand color.   There were manufactured and delivered in 10 days.   Ours is a 2006 Patriot Thunder 525 and with four slides, not knowing how long it would take, I carved out an entire Saturday (yesterday) to do it.  Except for the screwdriver to remove the set screws on the mount side and to hold the tension on rollers, and a drill to widen the rollover slot, that was it.  We did not even use silicone or dish soap to side them in place.  With two of us working and cleaning all rollers and covers, total time, four slides, 2 1/2 hours (with a short break).   If you are needing to replace yours, it is that easy.  I wish I would have done it a year ago!  I was going to add a picture or two but they were to large. (Added - thanks Steve)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 02:21:02 PM by Kevin Carson »
The following users thanked this post: Scott Shearer

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Slide toppers - replaced!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 12:33:08 PM »
Photo resizing instructions are in the Forum Assistance board.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Scott Shearer