Author Topic: Remote Mirror Control  (Read 3727 times)

Michael Kauffman

Remote Mirror Control
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »
[size=14][face=Arial]Hello again, there are such great answers from the members here, I thought I'd ask another.  My remote mirror control switch only works for the left mirror.  I have only had this coach about 2 yrs and it never seemed to want to work for the right mirror.  No matter how I turn it, it just works for the left side.  Isn't it suppose to work the right too?  Thanks, Mike[/face][/size]

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Remote Mirror Control
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
It has worked for both on the two Beavers I had.  99 Pat Thunder and 2008 Contessa.  Don't know about your year coach but would think so.  Maybe others of your vintage know.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:27:24 PM by 14 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
Mike,

I had an 89 Contessa and now a 2002 Marquis and both had that feature for both mirrors. It would be hard to imagine that your coach does not. I'm not sure how they toggle from left to right on your switch panel, each knob may rotate or a switch may rock from one position to another. If you look up under the fibergalss mounting area and you see a wire harness with multiple wires in it you can be sure that you have that feature. If just two wires and you have a light mounted on the mirror then maybe not.

If you have multiple wires, it would be time to compare voltages on the left and right side with the dash mirror controls toggled to see if the harness voltage mirrors itself on both sides. If no mirror functions work and several mirrors are motorized on each side, check the ground wire on right side that does not work to see if you are getting a good ground. If voltages are good then you probably have a bad mirror drive motor. I think Remco made most of the mirrors.

Later Ed

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
98 Contessa here.  Mine works both sides.  You  turn the knob to point to the right or left mirror, then push it for mirror movement.  Yours should be the same.