General Boards > Technical Support

replacing brake lines on a 1998 Beaver Patriot Savannah.

<< < (5/5)

Eric Wallace:
Thanks, Carl and Eric,
On further, and dirtier, inspection today I discovered a couple of things. 
There is a long steel line on each side of the coach leading from the ABS valve back to each rear wheel.
It turns out only one side has a tee in it, not both as I mistakenly said yesterday.
The tee on the passenger side turns down to the RR wheel while the other branch goes to the back of the coach into a proportional valve tied into the coach air system.  We bought the coach barely used over twenty years ago and I had forgotten that early on  I had installed an MG Brake Systems braking system for a prior toad.  In prior times my memory would not have let me down as it does more and more these days.
Yes, I have a Meritor/Wabco ABS system very similar to the attachment you added, Eric. 
After removing the air conditioner condenser between the rails right in front of the fuel tank it looks like I may have just enough working room to install new steel lines from that valve to each of the wheels. 
It's an unpleasant job but the thought of a well working brake system is providing incentive.  We love our coach, but the poor braking has been a weak link in our enjoyment of the coach for a long time.

Eric Maclean:
Sounds like your well on your way.
I found a good gym mat to be a god send for the knees and back when working under the coach
Keep in touch
And good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version