General Boards > General Discussion

Location of hydraulic fluid tank 2001 Marquis Amethyst

(1/1)

Mike Sulley:
We recently purchased this old coach and we’re experiencing problems with the leveling system. The original “ automatic “ system has been converted to four manual switches-  one to raise or lower each corner of the coach by the previous owner.  Unfortunately the switches were not labeled and some jacks did not appear to be working so we were having problems leveling the coach.  Also, the rear ( bedroom) slide is very slow.  Like glacially slow.

This led to the question of where is the hydraulic fluid reservoir located on a 2001 Marquis Amethyst?  I have not been able to locate it.   And I believe we are to use Dextron 3 ATF.  And can/should we grease or service the rack and pinion on the slow rear slide?

Thanks once again for kind response,
Respectfully,
Mike

William Jordan:
On my 03 Marquis the rear slide ( bedroom) is electric chain/ gear drive  , not hydraulic. Perhaps yours is also.  It’s also very slow moving compared to the front hyd ones. I was told that was normal.
My jacks were also modified to manual ( Beaver coach sales controller)and are problematic, but I never use them, so can’t help there.  We only air level.

David T. Richelderfer:
Our bedroom slide is electric and is slow-moving but it works.  One tip that won't speed it up but will make the slide hardware last longer is to lift the bed and lubricate the moving parts - the chains, sprockets, and especially where the frame slides on metal to metal.

There are two hydraulic reservoirs on our coach - one reservoir under the front entry step attached to the pump that powers the two front slides and the three hydraulic leveling rams; the other reservoir above the air filter over the right side of the C-12 that is for the power steering.

Both reservoirs are filled with Dexron III ATF (not dextron).

Fred Brooks:
    Mike,
The reservoir you are looking for is just forward of the entry stepwell under the front coach cap. (you have to crawl under the coach to access it) The other hydraulic reservoir is in the last compartment on the passenger side. It is for the power steering and the engine radiator hydraulic cooling fan. Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version