Author Topic: Magnum inverter not working  (Read 1332 times)

Scott Hinote

• BAC Member
  • 727-744-5531
Magnum inverter not working
« on: August 05, 2022, 04:23:41 PM »
Hi everyone . My inverter has stopped working . As soon as we got here to set up a couple days ago I noticed no power to most of my recepticals . My generator is not auto start . When looking through all the prints and manuals, the only ones I could find were for AGS . I’m looking for the operating manual for my magnum me2012 . I’d like to see the troubleshooting section . Like everyone we aren’t very happy campers right now , I can’t put out our awning, the batteries aren’t getting charged enough , microwave not working and many other issues . We are up on a mountain in Lake Lure NC . We have a 2000 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga, if anyone knows anything about it please try and help . Thanks everyone and have a nice day .
C.Scott Hinote
2000 Patriot
CAT 3126B  330hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Magnum inverter not working
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 05:45:48 PM »
     Scott,
  Check the 30 amp circuit breaker in the main circuit box marked inverter. If that is "ON" , go to the inverter/charger and check the round button circuit breakers on the case. Push them in for reset. If that is not it, perform a "hard reset" by carefully disconnecting the battery cables going to the inverter/charger. After 5 minutes reconnect the cables. Caution: you will get a big spark when connecting the positive cable. This is NORMAL so don't be alarmed. If that does not work, It could be the inverter/charger has failed internally. To get by temporarily, unplug the coach from shore power, pull off the front access panel where the romex wires go into the inverter/charger. Identify the input and output romex wiring and take a picture with your phone. disconnect the wires, Connect all the black wires with a wire nut, connect all the white wires with a wire nut, connect all the ground wires together with a wire nut. Plug the coach back into shore power. All the recepticles will now work. Last issue is to purchase a 30 amp battery charger and connect it to the house batteries while on shore power. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Paul Meehan

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 09:39:35 PM »
Scott
I agree with Fred the most likely cause of you issues is a lack off input voltage to the inverter check the 30 amp breaker  in your main power distribution panel.
Very seldom do you loose all the operation of the inverter at once but it is possible.
Here is a link to the ME 2012 inverter manuals

https://www.google.com/search?q=Magnum+me+2012+inverter+manual&client=tablet-android-lenovo-rev2&sxsrf=ALiCzsYMf6jiR23tZYN3pV0NnjG9N6Rd7Q%3A1659731475289&ei=E37tYomXEb-lptQPm4-r0AI&oq=Magnum+me+2012+inverter+manual&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQgAEKIEMgUIABCiBDIFCAAQogQyBQgAEKIEMgUIABCiBDoHCAAQRxCwAzoHCAAQHhCiBEoECEEYAFDdK1jKPGCyRmgBcAF4AIABsQGIAfUEkgEDMC40mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 12:31:04 AM »
 Do not press and hold the reset button on the inverter case while still plugged in to park power!  Bin there, dun that.   :-[

I got so paranoid about my failing memory, that after reinstalling my repaired 2012 I hung a tag from the inverter that warns me not to press the reset if plugged in.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Gene Obie