Author Topic: Aqua-Hot 450-DE Intermittent dripping near fresh water inlet "T" Normal or ?  (Read 1541 times)

Larry Lee

Hi everyone, I've been running a new to me 07 Contessa through some testing and noticed some hot water dripping to the ground-it's coming from behind the Aqua-Hot and to the left of the domestic cold water inlet out of the third leg of a brass "T". I have a video but since it is too large to post here-for now I am providing a picture. the dripping isn't all the time. At some point it was dripping quite a bit. I'm unable to duplicate the dripping-I havn't quite discovered any pattern to get it to leak.  The functionality of the unit seems good otherwise. When coach is stored it doesn't leak a drop. I should have taken notes but a couple days it didn't drip at all. It seems to be dripping from a brass "T" almost by design. Hopefully it isn't giving me some fatal warning.

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Larry
 it's hard to say from your picture but it may be the system pressure relief valve is leaking
It is designed to dump pressure when the water gets too hot or builds too much pressure .
Does it leak only when the the heating element or diesel burner is working? This would be a good indication that the releif valve is failing.
Also check your shore water hookup for high pressure

The original relief valve looks like the one in the link below.

https://secure.aquahot.com/ProductInfo/PLX-111-125.aspx

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Larry Lee

Hi Eric, thanks for the information. I did have the rig hooked to an RV pedestal water supply without a regulator. The unit had also been left ON all day and night. You mentioned the relief valve may be failing-or operating as it should? I'll attach a regulator, keep testing and report back.  :)