Author Topic: Turn and hazard lights not working  (Read 5423 times)

Jose Rita

• BAC Member
Re: Turn and hazard lights not working
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 01:54:11 AM »
Thank you guys.  I will give that a try in the morning.
Joe
2002 Patriot Thunder

Jose Rita

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2023, 08:11:28 PM »
Well I finally got the hazard and directionals working.  It was a bad connection at a wire bundle in electric bay.  Moving one particular bundle would cause a flicker in the turn signals.  I then cleaned that connection out really well.  I will find the culprit wire and splice it avoiding that connection.  This headache is done and another just presented itself.  I will start another thread…it just never ends. Thank you for all your help
Joe
2002 Patriot Thunder

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2023, 01:11:00 AM »
Good work Jose I'm glad you got through it on your own ,
satisfying isn't it
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 10:18:23 PM »
If you have them, Jose, the large cylindrical connectors in the electrical bay have pin assemblies that can corrode, particularly if moisture ever gets in the bay.  It was an issue for me when rainwater found its way in there via the windshield’s compromised/deteriorated upper seal that allowed water behind the front cap.  After dealing with regular discoveries of an inch of water in the bay floor, I finally tracked down the source and Lexeled the windshield brow (Lexel is a great product for sealing problem areas in RV’s and stick homes). 

But back on point, I found blue/green spots on a few pins inside those cylinder connectors.  Thanks to member Ed Buker here, I was steered to Corrosion-X, which with some “bulb grease” I used on the pins and their “tubes” after cleaning them.  You have to commonly cut wire ties to get enough slack to manhandle the connectors, so get some replacement ties ahead of time if you do this job.  I also have tiny steel and brass wire brushes for cleaning corrosion of small connectors like pins/tubes.  Use caution not to distort connectors or you may make things worse.

Corrosion-X HD (the heavy duty version in the green can) is what Ed suggested and what I use, and I sprayed it on all my exposed connections in that bay, many of which showed damage from the moist air exposure in a closed environment.  The screws fastening the white backer board also corroded and the board swelled and cracked around them.  But the Corrosion-X HD stopped that;  it’s a bit viscous and tends to stick to what it hits, and can stain things like backer board a bit brown… oh well.  Of course my finally ending the water intrusion might have helped 😉 .  It probably would work well to mitigate corrosion on taillamp assemblies, a common issue in vehicles.  It seems expensive, but you don’t need much to do the job… my can is probably around a decade old and still mostly full.

https://www.corrosionx.com/products/corrosionx-heavy-duty?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_id=234c0f0cf&pr_rec_pid=4344700928096&pr_ref_pid=2293574565984&pr_seq=uniform&variant=31195382153312

Joel
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 10:32:08 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jose Rita

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2023, 01:12:26 AM »
Joel thank you for the link
Joe