General Boards > General Discussion

Want to add washer dryer. Looking for recommendations.

(1/2) > >>

Gregory J Dugre:
My coach is plumbed for a washer/dryer and I would like to add one. Trying to decide if I should go new or used and what would be the best brand? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

Eric Maclean:
Greg
There are a couple of choices you can go with a combination unit ( washer and dryer in one unit)this takes up the least amount of space but has limitations as to load size .
Or if you have the space you can use a stacking set with separate washer and dryer ( much faster and larger loads )
Most new coaches are going this way and if you can spare the room it would be my recommendation
Just remember when your shopping that your looking for a dryer that will work on 120 volts and it has to fit in the cabinet you plan to install it into .
And you'll have to add a dryer vent to the coach.

Hope this helps
Eric

Richard Davis:
Greg
We have the same coach that you have.  Ours has the Splendide 2100 vented combo washer/dryer.  Our previous two motorhomes did not have washer/dryers when we purchased them.  I installed Splendide 2000 series units in those coaches (the 2000 series was the current version at the time).  These are all vented units.  The reviews for the ventless condensing versions complain that they take an excessive amount of time to dry, so I would not recommend them.  The vented versions take long enough to dry since they only have a 120 volt heater rather than the 240 volt heaters in residential dryers.  So, I recommend you take the trouble to cut a vent hole in the passenger side rear corner and install a vented dryer.  We have been happy with all of our Splendide combos.  They are certainly not cheap, currently retailing for around $1500.  Rarely do I see used ones in good condition, so it is unlikely that you could go that route.  One of the units I bought was new but freight damaged and I saved a few hundred dollars on that one.  Good luck with your install.
Richard
p.s. I recommend you install the plastic drip tray underneath the unit while you are doing the install.  Best to avoid unseen water damage behind the washer if you can. 

Richard Davis:
Greg
Forgot to comment, your Ventura IV has the upper cabinet available above the washer cabinet, so you could go with stackable washer below and dryer above.  My wife is unwilling to give up the storage, so we do just fine with the limited load size of the combo units.
Richard

Richard Davis:
Greg
I thought you might appreciate a photo of the vent location on my Ventura IV.  The best I can measure from the outside indicates that the vent hole is centered 6 & 1/2 inches in front of the rear cap seam trim (25 & 1/2 inches behind the back edge of the bedroom slide) and 46 inches above the beltline trim.  Hopefully that will give you an idea where to cut the vent hole and not hit anything important.
Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version