Author Topic: TV lift Trouble  (Read 1181 times)

Bill Bjork

• BAC Member
TV lift Trouble
« on: June 04, 2023, 07:25:40 PM »
 :o just got my tv lift controller back from m&m it still isnt working.  :(  it is a 2004 beaver marquis probably has a 2003 tv lift in it .  the unit has only has 1 momentary switch to activate it so the information from the beav ambassadores club for the 2004-5 lift doesn't match up . i really have no idea how this works exactly. and only a slight idea about the lights on the control unit. any advise is well appreciated.   bill in extreme northern AZ
bill bjork
2004 marquis

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: TV lift Trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 03:00:56 PM »
When our TV lift stopped working in the down position, it was because that momentary switch went bad.  I pulled the switch out and removed the two wires from the switch.  When I touched and held the two bare wire ends together (simulating pushing the toggle switch), the TV went up.  When I touched and held the two bare wire ends together again, the TV went down.  After a few repeat tests, it was obvious the switch was the problem.  I replaced the switch.

Since the TV had been stuck in the down position, I thought I was going to have to drive it home in the down position,  Interestingly, when the switch began to fail, it never stuck in the up position.  It always stuck in the down position.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Bjork

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 04:59:26 PM »
when i push the switch the box really lights up so i believe the switch is working. i just have no idea what the lights mean.  thanks for your help.
bill bjork
2004 marquis

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 06:33:29 PM »
I do not know anything about the "control unit".  There is a box (control unit?) inside all the decorative covering for the TV but I do not remember if it had lights.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!