General Boards > General Discussion

C-9 wiring harness

(1/2) > >>

Rocky Healey:
Just met a fellow Beaver{2006 Monterey Laguna] owner with a C-9 400HP has had it stored, started it and saw smoke in the mirror shut it down disconnected from chassis batteries fire quite when smoke cleared the wiring harness was shot.  He is in Idaho Falls, Id and ask for help.  I know the Cat people in Idaho Galls don't work on motorhomes. So I am asking for any thoughts. Also suggesting that he join BAC Forum.  Thanks in advance.

Rocky Healey
2008 PT C-13
45 footer

Joel Ashley:
One member had positive results here:
https://www.eaglerockrvservice.com/

Disappointed that apparently Western States CAT there no longer works on motorhomes… ?
IDAHO FALLS, ID | 208-552-2287

Joel

Rocky Healey:
Thanks Joel I will pass on the info.

Rocky Healey
2008 PT C-13
45 footer

Joel Ashley:
Mne’s been stored for an extended period too, Rocky.  I’m thinking of finally firing it up and prep for fall travel, so am curious as to why your friend’s caught fire.  I’ve been trying to keep the engine clean of rodent gatherings (dead squirrels under the tranny area), and debris, and there’s little in the way of petroleum deposits. 

One time after a couple years’ parked, the tailpipe spewed rusty carboned flakes/chunks, likely built up over time with no exhaust to keep it from drying and sluffing off… like the inside of a barbecue.  Just glad no one was standing beside the tailpipe, it came out with some force.  I reckon I can look forward to that and some smoke at first, but would prefer no fire.  My worst issue might be the delay caused by my trying to decide which of 6 extinguishers to grab, 🤣.

Joel

Rocky Healey:
Joel my friend is sending me pictures so not sure I think that the friendly mice had something to do with it.  Thanks for your suggestion about Eagle but he had a very bad experience there so he will not go back, hopefully I can get other suggestions.  He said that he might be willing to have it towed, he really loves this coach.  When I get pixs I will let you know.  Thanks for your help.

Rocky Healey
2008 PT  C-13
45 footer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version