Author Topic: water leak HELP  (Read 600 times)

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
water leak HELP
« on: March 07, 2024, 09:18:56 PM »
2002 Marquis= When it rains in find the wall in the bedroom that by the doorway that sperate the bedroom from the bathroom. The other side of the wall is the washer dryer closest. The water stain is just down at the bottom and heaver toward the outside wall.  I had my roof resealed 3 months ago.
I look down the wall in the washer dryer area, using the hatch in the back, and do not see any water or water stains. Any idea where to look?
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: water leak HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 12:06:36 AM »
Not being familiar with the layout of your coach I can only give general advise.  Even if the roof was recently resealed I would start up there.  Look around any AC units, fans, or skylights.  I would also look at the side wall seam, they often need to be resealed. Also the seam at the end caps needs to be looked at.   I have had a leak in the skylight from a crack that was hard to see unless you caught the light just right. 
I have also found it useful to put painters tape over any suspected seams or cracks and see if it suddenly stops leaking.  Painters tape can usually seal the area and still be removed without damage.

From there you can examine the windows.  Leaks are sometimes hard to find since the water can travel some distance before you see it inside.

Hopefully this is helpful.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
Re: water leak HELP
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 04:38:00 PM »
Thanks Carl
The blue tape is a great idea.
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper