General Boards > Technical Support

How to manually retract front roadside slide

(1/3) > >>

Michael Bacon:
Main slides aren’t functioning. There appears to be no power for either slide. So trying to figure out how to manually retract roadside slide.
Thanks
Mike

Richard Davis:
Michael
The answer depends on what type of slide mechanisms you have.  My '06 Monterey has hydraulic mechanisms on all 4 slides. If yours are hydraulic, you have to open the "T" handle on the hydraulic manifold to release the pressure in the hydraulic line to that slide and then "push" the slide in manually.  The only time I have had to do it, I did not have any husky men to push, so I used a come-along across the windows on the inside and "pulled" it in.  If yours are electric motor mechanisms on gears, most of those have HEX heads on the ends of the drive shafts to be wrenched in.
Good luck.
Richard

Steve Huber Co-Admin:
Mike,
The process is described on page 116 of your Owners Manual. Coach Assist has a copy if you don't have the one for your coach.
Steve

Michael Bacon:
Thanks for your responses.

Steve, I’ve reviewed the manual, it suggests the pump is in the “curb side bay”, I’ve looked in the bays and can’t find it.? Thoughts.
Thanks Mike

Frank Bergamo:
Check in front of the steps. I believe there is a relay switch on the pump motor itself. If it fail's, none of your hydraulic slides or the generator slide will work. You can jumper the two big terminals to bypass the switch to see if the pump motor will run. If that’s the problem, you can source a new relay switch at any trailer dealer as they use them on dump trailers. Hope this helps, good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version