Author Topic: Another TV Lift Stuck  (Read 59 times)

Mark Hosier

• BAC Member
Another TV Lift Stuck
« on: May 26, 2024, 03:54:51 PM »
My TV lift is stuck in the up (closed) position.  When I depress the momentary rocker switch, either up or down positions, you can hear the typical unlock action but within a second or so afterwards, a “jackhammer” sound occurs with no downward lift movement.  In my opinion, the switch appears to be functioning correctly.  The sound reverberates throughout the lift assembly but I can’t determine its origin.  I read through all associated articles in this forum but nothing applies.  Additionally, I don’t have a manual for this system to gain any troubleshooting insight and the two manuals on the Coach Assist pages do not match my system.  Having said all that:

1.  I have removed the access panels and don’t see any method to manually lower the lift.  Does one exist for this model and year?

2.  Regarding the linear actuator (motor), is it possible to temporarily connect it to a 120V source for the purpose of relieving upwards pressure?  If so, I hope to isolate the front motor fastener from the mechanism axis and hopefully allow manual lowering.

3.  Any ideas on where to send the lift control module for bench checking?  As several others have already discussed, the manufacturer is out of business.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.
Mark & Wanda Hosier
45' 2003 Beaver Marquis Sapphire (Petunia)
Caterpillar 505 HP C-12
2014 Honda CRV (Paddy)
North Carolina