General Boards > Technical Support

Flourecsent Light

(1/2) > >>

Roger Bowton:
One of our ceiling lights in the bedroom of our '06 Monterey popped and went out, when we turned on the switch the other day.  I took it apart, and the transformer was smoked.  My problem is that I cannot find a name or part number for the light.  It is not a flat mount and there is a recess in the ceiling for the base.  I would like to locate a new light, or I could switch out the electrical board if I knew where to locate one.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I am sure that a new ballast is available, but I don't know what to look for.

Roger

Ken Buck:
I replaced one of mine by taking the old light out of the coach and matching the ballast up at the hardware store. We have McClendon's in my area which I would describe as an old time hardware store, not a box store. The box stores may have it, but I never looked there.  I, also, had a tube end, that was burned looking, on that unit, and found a replacement for it too.

This keeps all my lights looking the same until I'm ready to change them all to a better light.

Ken

MarcRodstein:
I sent mine to Thinlite. They rebuilt it, even though it was not their fixture, sent it back to me good as new. The price was 50 or 60 dollars as I recall.

http://www.thinlite.com/

Garland Land:
I’ve replaced my 12 volt fluorescent lights with “tube type” leds.  The led replacement doesn’t use  a transformer and circuit board.  Email your address and I'll send you a transformer and circuit board.  gel_2@netzero.net

Dick Simonis:

--- Quote from: Garland Land ---I’ve replaced my 12 volt fluorescent lights with “tube type” leds.  The led replacement doesn’t use  a transformer and circuit board.  Email your address and I'll send you a transformer and circuit board.  gel_2@netzero.net
--- End quote ---

Didn't know they made an LED version.  Is it a plug in or are other changes necessary.  Also, where did you find them?

Thanks

Dick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version