Author Topic: Dripping Air Conditioner  (Read 4607 times)

James C. Wheeler

Dripping Air Conditioner
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:31:34 PM »
[size=14]
Good Morning Folks,

Well my trip to Florida and Haiti went well but I did have a couple occassions in Florida at night where the Air Conditioners (both) dripped into the floor from the return air filter opening.  I have just checked the manual on the units a Duo-Therm Model 620015.307 and they have a short bit about  Frost Prevention.  My question is, when this frost occurs then melts, does it drip inside the rubber seal or outside on the top of the RV?  I don't really care about replacing the seals if not necessary.

My milage overall running the generator for some 14 hours was 8.4 MPG, the trip down on better highways was some 9.5 running a more steady speed and not going thru so many small towns.  I am happy with that and can live with it.

Thanks,

James C. Wheeler
Clarksville, Arkansas
1993 Contessa  300 Cummins

[/size]

Wayne Tull

Re: Dripping Air Conditioner
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
James,

I resolved that problem on mine by cleaning them, debris had built up blocking the draining back to the roof.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
I had to tighten the roof units down the fastners had become loose.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:57:16 PM by 1651 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:32:39 AM »
James,

It is a relatively normal occurance if the humidity is very high and you are running long cooling cycles to have some dripping out of the air inlet ducts when the unit finally kicks out of a cooling cycle. Some built up ice will melt from cool ductwork surfaces.

Most evaporator condensation will drain to the roof and you can check that the drains are clean but it is not a perfect system. After some period of time when the humidity levels lower and the set temperature allows shorter cooling cycles this issue clears up. Both my Beaver coaches with roof air has this intermittent issue under certain conditions with clean drains on the roof.

We put a rubber backed throw rug underneath the vent when we have the problem. Hope this helps.

Later Ed

James C. Wheeler

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
[size=14]
Thanks to you all, Wayne, Jerry and Ed your comments/suggestions are most appreciated.  Since I was in Florida and the humidity was quite high and I like my airconditioning down to around 70 at night that the problem has been identified.  This dripping occured during the night so I may have to increase my temperature a bit under those conditions.  The drains will be checked and cleaned if required.

Again, Thanks to all.

James C. (J.C.) Wheeler
1993 Contessa
Clarksville, Arkansas

[/size]