General Boards > Technical Support

SHOWER REPAIR

(1/3) > >>

Fred Nikirk:
How do I remove the wood trim on the inside of my skylight in my shower?  I have a 2001 PT Princeton.

Thanks Fred & Angie

Gerald Farris:
Fred,
The shower skylight trim on your coach is secured in the same manner that the trim for your Fantastic Fans is. There are small finishing nails through the lower face of the "L" shaped trim molding. To remove it you will have to very carefully pull down on the skylight side of the molding as you gently pry on the side that is against the ceiling fabric. The molding will need to come down evenly since it is glued together as one piece. When the molding is down the filler panels between the molding and the skylight will come down with the shims that were installed between them and the framing to insure a snug fit.

Gerald

Fred Nikirk:
Gerald
thank you for the info. I will give that a try.
fred

Bill Johnson:
A few years ago we replaced our wood trim "surround" with molded plastic.  We got tired of having to deal with issues related to water on wood.  We got the replacement from Beaver Coach Sales and all is well.  As Gerald says, probably the only "issue" is prying the finishing nails out of the original trim.  Once that is removed and a replacement secured, it is a pretty easy fix.
Bill

Edward Buker:
I have found it helpful to hot melt glue the shims back in place and to number as many as I can with location and outlines on the motorhome framing as I take the trim apart. I trim the pins (fasteners) flush on the backside of the trim pieces with wire cutters (d**es). I drill the trim pieces and countersink the holes and use flush colored trim screws to put the trim back. It looks fine and makes access  a second time around much easier.  

Later Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version