General Boards > Technical Support

Generator tray opening up

(1/1)

Jay and Raylene Todd:
OK - this is a new one on me and even being somewhat savvy I can't seem to figure this one out. My '06 Thunder has the generator mounted on an electrically operated slide at the front of the coach. For some reason, after  a day or 3 of sitting, the gen slide starts to open up. When retracted, and even when it is slightly open, there is nothing loose about the mechanism. I can tug on the tray and it doesn't move in or out. I have also found that this has happened while the coach is in motion - arriving at a rest area and finding the tray open an inch or so. The drive motor is operated by a teeter-totter switch in the electric bay. The switch appears to operate normally and spring loads to the "off" position. It also takes more than 1/2 depression either way in order to get the motor to start up so I don't think there is anything wrong with the switch or contacts.

Anyone have anything like this happen and if so, what was the problem? Troubleshooting tips, suggestions and/or commiserations all accepted.

Tom and Pat Fudale:
On my '05 Monterey there is a paw that locks the tray when it is closed. You have to look under the front of the tray to see if clicks down when the Gen is retracted. If the Gen is not fully retracted it won't lock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version