General Boards > Technical Support

squacking backup alarm

(1/3) > >>

Keith Oliver:
My 98 Contessa has a backup alarm that has changed from a "Beep - Beep" to a muted squack.  I have not had much chance to figure out where the unit is located, as I have only left the transmission in Reverse and walked to the rear once to check on it.  The noise is loudest at the engine air intake, so likely I will need to lift the bed and run the coach in reverse while I listen from in the bedroom.  Difficult when my wife is not keen (understement) on even sitting in the driver's chair while the engine is on.
Does anyone know about these units?  Has mine ingested a sick Mallard?  How do I entice the squacker out?

barbhalsell:
 ;D Snort, snort! Sorry, just had a mental picture of a Beav snarking down a duck.

Keith Oliver:
On another thread I have been seeking a Beaver logo for my horns.  Maybe I'll go for a duck instead.

Marty and Suzie Schenck:
On my 2002 Thunder it is mounted on the bulkhead at the end of the passenger side frame rail at the rear (back of MH). It is about 2in. round by about 4in. long. I believe it was mounted the same on my 1998 Monterey. Have you tried turning the key on without starting the engine and putting the transmission in reverse? Marty

Randy Perry:
Mine is all the way in the back, passenger side, accessable by crawling under the coach. I disconnected mine cuz it drove me crazy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version