General Boards > Technical Support

Shocks

(1/3) > >>

Rod:
05 monterey 40 Has anyone else haveing problems with their Bilsteins failing. I recently replaced a rear shock (lost seal and Oil ). After discussion with tech's found that the shocks are only lasting between 25 and 30K. The coach is starting to bounce of the dips.I always thought that bilstein made a better product. seem's to me they are junk. I am looking at FSD Koni. I would like your input.

Gerald Farris:
I have a 2000 Marquis with 80,000+ miles on it and the factory Bilstein shocks have performed very well with no problems.

Gerald

Richard And Babs Ames:
We had one of 4 fail and sent it to Bilstein and they replaced it at no charge as they have a lifetime warranty.

Tim Westman:
I didn't have any "failures" of the Bilsteins on my 40 foot '05 Monterey but I was disappointed in their performance.  I was getting more bounce and roll after 38k miles than I thought I should.  I've replaced them with 6 Koni FSD's and, after the first 8k miles, cannot believe the difference in the ride.  I more than happy with the decision to replace my Bilsteins with the Koni's.

Tim

215:
I also did not have a shock failure on my 40 ft 2006 Monterey, but at 21,000 miles I replaced the front shocks with Koni FSD's.  I am now at 26,000 mi and the the ride is greatly improved.  The rear shocks will be replaced shortly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version