Author Topic: Electric step on 95 Patriot works backwards  (Read 3264 times)

Bob McCORMACK

Electric step on 95 Patriot works backwards
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:12:23 AM »
I just installed a replacement Kwikee step for the one that was missing when I bought the 1995 Patriot.   All the wiring is the same, the manuals show the wiring functions to be the same for both the original unit and the newer version.   Only one problem,  the step operates exactly backwards from how it should.

When the switch is in the retracted position.The step extends when the door is closed and retracts when the door is opened

To extend using the switch the door has to be closed.  Moving the switch to the extend position the step will extend.  If I want it to stay open I have to put the switch in the closed position than I can open the door and the step will stay out.   If I put the switch in the extend position with the door open, it will retract.  

All the wires are correctly matched between the coach and the wires on the step.  

I also can't find where the door position sensor is located.  Perhaps something to do with the limit arm mounted at the top ??

Anyone have any experience with this system that might explain this.

Bob

Steve Jewell

Re: Electric step on 95 Patriot works backwards
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:12:29 AM »
Bob
  The leads from the controler to the motor are backwards. Reverse the red and yellow wires. Here is the link to their website to trouble shoot. http://www.rvweb.net/tech_lib/Quickee.html

Steve