Author Topic: Air Leak  (Read 4790 times)

Dennis Crawford

Air Leak
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:05:17 AM »
I have a 2005 Monterey with air leveling.  For quite some time (maybe from day 1) I lose air overnight.  When it loses air, the driver front side also drops.  Yesterday my neighbor and I crawled under the front.  We sprayed soapy water on the front 6 pack, the connection to the air bag, the horn relay and the step relay and the air bag itself.  No bubbles that we could see.  So today I got thinking about the HWH air leveling system maybe leaking somewhere.

Has anyone ever chased down this problem.  Do we even know where the leveling air lines are located?  I only saw one line going into the bag.  This is driving me nuts.

Dennis

Joe House

Re: Air Leak
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »
Dennis, The air level control valves on my 05 Monterey are on the passenger side back between the engine and rear axle up high. I just had one replaced on my coach. There is a box with about six valves and the air lines coming out of them , spray some soapy water on them to see if that is your leak. Joe  

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
Thanks, Joe.  I will crawl under there and look.  Were you experiencing the same problem I have; air leaking down to zero overnight and, in my case, driver's front side sagging a bit.

Dennis

Joe House

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »
Dennis, The valve that I had replaced controled the right side of the coach front and back and would leak down within a few hours. If you need the valve it came from HWH-RAP1940:Air Solenoid Valve, cost $138.00 plus $15.00 shipping. Joe House

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
Joe,

Was it easy to replace?  I am think I have a similiar issue.  My leak down appears to affect the driver side.

Dennis

Joe House

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »
Dennis, I had it replaced by a RV repair shop here in Bakersfield and they charged me one hour`s labor, sorry if my post made it sound as if I did the work myself. Maybe if someone who as done this repair can instruct you. Joe House

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:52:16 AM »
I found my leak  It was the front set of valves.  It appears I have bad o rings.  I will be taking the coach to Fountain RV for repair.  It is just too dangerous to try this on my own without a pit or proper jacks.