Author Topic: Keyless Entry problem on 06 Monterey  (Read 4440 times)

Bill Brown

Keyless Entry problem on 06 Monterey
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »
Hello all.  We are currently experiencing what sounds like our keyless entry being activated via the outside keypad.  The problem is that We are Not doing it.  My question is has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so what is/was the fix?  Is there a fuse I can pull to stop this occurring?  If so, where might I find the fuse?  Exterior lights all light while this is occurring, and the door and cargo doors also lock.  Any suggestions on where to start looking?  Or maybe a way to disarm the system until I can trouble shoot it further?  

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Brown
06 Monterey, Laguna IV

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Keyless Entry problem on 06 Monterey
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:52:45 AM »
Ours will start beeping if the sun is shining directly on it. If it is cold outside we cannot get it to work.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Forrest King

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
on my 06 had a problem with bubbles on the key pad an if moisture got on it, it would acivate. My solution to problem ordered new key pad problem fixed. Got several prices on Pad found one from northeast rv for about $50.00 dollars. Easy to eplace just 4 screws an unplug, plg new one in. If you want to deactived I would just unplug it.

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »
On ours there is a module in the dash behind the gauges entering from the top. The module had a coil of small wire with a red LED on the end and when using the key fob either locking or unlocking the LED would flash (Never was mounted on this coach). To access the keyless entry wireing to change the code or disconnect, their is a cover with 4 screws under the passenger window at floor level.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Bill Brown

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
Thank you all for your info regarding experiences with the Keyless entry.  Today, we have not experienced any problem, as yet.  I am wondering if since we are in a larger RV park, if there just might be another coach with a similar system, whose owner is/was trying to reprogram a key fob?  

Thanks again.

Bill Brown
06 Beaver, Monterey, Laguna IV

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:08:34 AM »
As Forest noted, they can act up on their own if they get wet.  BCS replaced ours under warranty several years ago, but the new one did the same thing;  in the rain it would lock or unlock by itself.  This year our tech at BCS silicone super-sealed both the pad front and the panel's interface with the coach body.  Even when rinsing wash water off with direct nozzle spray inundation now, it no longer activates on its own.

As Jim mentioned, the controller box for the keyless entry is underneath the small access panel in the dash top.  The panel is velcroed down, so a careful flatblade screwdriver or other instrument prying action will pop the panel up where you can get a grip and lift it out.  As I recall, the controller module is a black plastic box, maybe the size of a card deck?

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat