Author Topic: Norcold recall message  (Read 4734 times)

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

Norcold recall message
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:35:38 PM »
Hi,
My name is Tera, from Norcold Manufacturing. I am reaching out to Beaver Ambassador’s Club to see if there is a way we can collaborate with you to get the word out about the recall on our 1200 series refrigerator, http://norcoldrecall.com/. We are trying to reach as many consumers as we can, and are trying to collaborate with clubs, in the case the coach has changed owners we can try to connect with them to get this recall kit installed.  E-mail me @ recallob5@thetford.com if there is any way you are willing to help. We feel many members of your group may own a Norcold and we would appreciate the cooperation to help get the word out about our recall, so they may get the kit installed for their safety.  If you would please respond either way it would be much appreciated.

Thank you again for you cooperation and time,

Tera

Norcold/Thetford
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:17:03 AM by 14 »

Bill Schneider

Re: Norcold recall message
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
Tim,
I worked my way through the links and read the Norcold notice. Unfortunately, no where in any of Norcold's notice, does it tell you how to determine if the Recall has already been done on your unit. Norcold has had so many recalls, it would be nice to know if my unit was up to date. I'm a fulltimer and this refrigerator has been a real pain with it's ongoing recalls. Now that I've vented, I believe mine is up to date. Attached to my unit on the wiring going to the control card is a "Yellow Tag" that reads "Retrofitted with Thermal Sensor #R-010".
Unplugging my unit while I wait for a Norcold Rep to verify is not a viable option. Does anyone on the Forum know if this tag reflects the update in question?
Thanks,
Bill
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:51:32 PM by 5 »

Joe House

Re: Norcold recall message
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:51:02 PM »
I just called Norcold about the recall and was told there latest recall was isued Oct. 2010 and if you have the R010 recall tag you will be okay. You can call them and give them your model # and they can check it for you. 1-800-767-9101  

JOE HOUSE  
2005 Monterey.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:52:09 PM by 5 »