Author Topic: powered hose reel  (Read 8242 times)

Dave Cunningham

powered hose reel
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »
Just finished another project, something I have always wanted is a powered hose reel, I've always found that hooking up and unhooking the water hose to be a pain , especially in cold weather when the hose is stiff. I am amazed that any beaver , especially a marquis did not come with one of these from the factory, although I looked up the brochures on line and it looks like they stated installing them in 2005. I found this one used at Visone auto mart, if you haven't seen their site you should check it out, the wreck mostly high end rvs and part them out. I paid $125.00 for this  Glendinning unit, but I think you can buy it new from camping world for about $350.00, real easy install, just drill a hole into the water and sewer compartment for the supply line , disconnect the water fill connection, and install a one way check valve, then tie in the 12 volt supply to something in the bay, Iused the power dump valves. My 2003 had a perfect spot for it on the left side , but it would probably work on any model.

William Brosam

Re: powered hose reel
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »
interesting mod, so the power part just rolls the hose in like the spring loaded air hose reels?

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
Yes you manually extend the hose , and then retract it with the switch, it has 30' of hose and works really well.

Dave

Joel Weiss

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 09:07:51 PM »
I installed one of these last year in my Patriot Thunder and enjoy the fact that I don't have to deal with a stiff, wet hose on cold mornings when we are packing up.   I chose to install mine in the small dry bay area accessible when the wet bay door is open.  Rather than open up the wet bay panel we simply ran PEX from the city water inlet over to the dry side of the bay where we installed the reel itself.

William Brosam

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »
does this reel in faster then the spring loaded air hose reels in a shop?

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »
William,
The one I have would be a bit slower, probably about one revolution per second ,or so.